FESTIVAL.ORG employs a year round team of full-time staff, as well as seasonal staff at all of our events, including GDIF. All current job vacancies are listed below.
Volunteer at GDIF
In the run up to Greenwich+Docklands International Festival 2020 we’ll be recruiting volunteers to help run the Festival. Want to be involved? Check out our volunteer opportunities page.
Most of our conversations with artists evolve over a long period of time and there isn’t a formal application process for presenting your work at GDIF or being commissioned as part of the Festival. However, we collaborate with a variety of national partners on some projects which offer commissioning opportunities via open call – discover more below.
Stomping Ground Commission for 2020
The deadline for 2020 has now passed. Please check back next year!
Stomping Ground is a commissioning group comprised of The Place, Greenwich+Docklands International Festival, DanceEast and DanceXchange. We are interested in supporting compelling ideas that are visually striking and engage across a broad audience base. The commission is built towards investing in artists interested in the development of ambitious, high-quality work, created for outdoor spaces that can grab the attention & imaginations of audiences.
We are offering a commission of £20,000 towards an outdoor dance work, that could be ready for presentation in Spring/Summer 2020 or 2021.
We’re looking for proposals which are:
- Adaptable to their location, can be presented across a range of outdoor contexts and conceived with touring potential in mind
- Specifically created for the outdoors (rather than work which has previously been made for indoor spaces);
- Visually striking, and carefully consider ways to engage with audiences who might be a mix of committed attenders and passersby
- Led by a diverse and experienced creative team, some of whom may have a track record in outdoor work
We’re interested in hearing from makers who:
- Have an established practice and are able to demonstrate their ability to create work of high quality, with an established track record of successful touring – this may or may not have already involved working outdoors;
- Are interested in how outdoor work can inspire diverse audiences from the broadest range of backgrounds;
- Have experience and are committed to working with experienced collaborators as part of their creative team (e.g. music, design, theatre, circus) and/or other disciplines (e.g. architecture, town planning);
- May not necessarily define themselves as ‘dance makers’ – we’re looking for performance with a strong and distinctive movement element, but we welcome applications from artists from other disciplines who will use movement and dance as a core part of their creation;
- Are based in the UK.
We would encourage you to think about the development and fundraising time you will need for your project, and allow sufficient time for a rigorous and considered making process. We expect that the successful artist/team will need to raise additional funds in addition to the commission.
The partners may be able to offer additional producing support, depending on the needs of the project. Stomping Ground have previously commissioned works by Robby Graham and Requardt & Rosenberg.
GDIF is a founder member of Without Walls, a consortium of the country’s leading outdoor arts and performance festivals dedicated to raising the profile of the UK outdoor arts sector on the international stage. Since 2007, Without Walls has commissioned and supported more than 100 new outdoor projects, and the consortium continues to offer annual commissioning opportunities.
Join the Without Walls mailing list to be the first to hear about opportunities.