On Your Doorstep: Plumstead
Fri 11 & Sat 12 September, 7.30–8.30pm
Type: Music, Spectacle
No booking required – just come to your doorstep!
Sorry, this event has already happened!
Download and listen to the Plumstead Lullaby below.
A parade of twinkling lights will transform bedtime into a magical, shared moment in this illuminated artwork created by Luke Jerram. Soothing musical refrains will accompany LED-lit bicycles on their twilight journey through the streets. Lullaby is a gift to Plumstead, created in collaboration with Plumstead Make Merry, Rockcliffe Manor Primary School and local residents, delivered at dusk on their doorsteps.
Featuring a newly commissioned score using recordings made by Plumstead residents, by Dan Jones and Guy Hughes.
About the artist
Luke Jerram’s multidisciplinary practice involves the creation of sculptures, installations and live arts projects. Living in the UK but working internationally since 1997, Jerram has created a number of extraordinary art projects which have excited and inspired people around the globe. Jerram has a set of different narratives that make up his practice which are developing in parallel with one another. He is known worldwide for his large scale public artworks.
We are looking for keen cyclists to take part in the 1-hour cycle through Plumstead on 11 & 12 September. If you or your family would like to join, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyclists under 18 years old must be accompanied by a carer or guardian.
Be Part of Your Plumstead Lullaby
1. Choose your favourite lullaby or night time words. Imagine that you’re soothing someone to sleep.
2. Find a quiet, indoor space, free from background noise and traffic. Only record your voice, without any backing music. You can use your phone ‘Voice Record App’.
3. Record your voice and save onto your device. Listen back to your recording to make sure you are happy with it.
4. Save your audio recording as an MP3 file to our GoogleDrive, bit.ly/lullabyGDIF, or send to: email@example.com | WhatsApp: 07899 893 935
5. Share your lullaby on Social Media and tag: @GDIFestival #GDIFLullaby
Send your recording by Monday 24 August.
This performance will be moving through local streets and we are asking audiences to come to their doorsteps.
Large-print and Easy Read versions of the festival brochure will be available to download in advance or to pick up on the day.
Accessibility: BSL Interpreted / Wheelchair Accessible
What to Expect: Join In / Family Friendly / Sensory Spectacle / Make Some Noise
Where to find it
On Your Doorstep: Plumstead will be performed at various locations across Plumstead.
On Your Doorstep is supported by the Royal Borough of Greenwich, Royal Greenwich Festivals, Arts Council England and Without Walls.