We always encourage our audiences to walk, cycle, or take public transport to our events. There are lots of cycle routes across the Royal Borough of Greenwich and east London, and cycle parking will be available at or near all events. Many GDIF sites are accessible by river, so why not take to the water with Uber Boat by Thames Clippers?
All Blue Badge parking and accessible drop off points are outlined on each main event page.
Explore our interactive map on this page and visit tfl.gov.uk to plan your journey.
Be Part of It
You can help make sure everyone has a great experience at GDIF by:
- Allowing children to the front, and being mindful of sight lines at busy shows by sitting on the ground
- Respecting accessible viewing areas
- Following advice from staff and volunteers on site
- Having your tickets ready and arriving in good time for ticketed shows
- Respecting others’ personal space and comfort zones
- Following us on Twitter for live updates, including weather-related information! We will only ever cancel if absolutely necessary, so remember to check the forecast and bring appropriate clothing.
GDIF’s friendly volunteers are on hand at every event to help with information and directions. You can’t miss them in their bright pink t-shirts! Ask them about river travel with Uber Boat by Thames Clippers, access information, or show recommendations!
Photography and Filming
We have photographers and film makers at events to capture footage to share online and for use in future. If you don’t want to be featured, please wear a ‘No Photography’ sticker, available from our volunteers. Got some great snaps you want to share? Tag us @GDIFestival and use #GDIF.
Uber Boats by Thames Clippers
Travel with Uber Boat by Thames Clippers and enjoy fresh air, a comfortable seat, onboard café bar and fantastic views. The River Bus operator serves 23 piers along the Thames, including GDIF sites in the City (Blackfriars/Tower), Canary Wharf, Greenwich, Greenwich Peninsula (North Greenwich), the Royal Docks (Royal Wharf) and Woolwich (Royal Arsenal). Boats depart every 10-20 minutes from key London piers. Bikes are permitted on board at no extra cost and all boats are wheelchair accessible, as are all piers in the Greenwich area. Find out more about the uber boat accessibility here. https://www.thamesclippers.com/plan-your-journey/accessibility
. Enhanced safety measures, recognised by the AA and VisitEngland, continue to be implemented across the service, including onboard hand sanitiser and regular cleaning throughout the day.